How to make it happen

Are you interested in immigration to Canada, but not sure how to do it? Whether you want to make Canada your temporary or permanent home, it is important to get access to the most up-to-date information. This section will help you answer the question: How do I immigrate to Canada?

Our immigration to Canada section has three main categories of programs for you to consider:

  • Permanent Residence: Long-term immigration programs, including  economic programs (inclusive of Express Entry) and family sponsorship.
  • Work Permits: Programs which allow you to work in Canada for a limited period.
  • Study Permits: Permission to study at approved institutions, with the possibility to work during and after your studies and options to transition to permanent residence.

From the options below, click on the most applicable situation to find out which option(s) for moving to Canada may be available to you and your family, if applicable. If more than one of the situations listed above applies to you, we encourage you to begin your research with whichever situation is listed first. However, make sure to review the other potential option(s) as

If none of the situations listed apply to you, don’t lose heart – you may still be eligible for immigration to Canada. Check through the range of options outlined below to find out which pathway may be right for you, and use the government of Canada’s Come to Canada Wizard to check your eligibility.

I’m ready for immigration to Canada. What do I do when I have my work permit or permanent resident status?

Looking for jobs
Since 2011, through our Outpost Recruitment agency we’ve specialized in finding work for construction and engineering professionals, with companies across Canada who value foreign work experience.

When you have your permission to work in Canada secured, get in touch. We can explore your opportunities when you complete your immigration to Canada.

Consider your health needs
New permanent residents in Canada may need an insurance policy to cover the period immediately upon obtaining permanent status, before their public coverage is granted

In addition, certain temporary programs — such as the IEC program and study permit program — require applicants to obtain an insurance policy.

Expatriate health insurance ensures access to the best possible healthcare while living and working abroad. Cigna Global is a leader in these policies and provides 12-month cover for those moving to Canada, regardless of nationality or age.


Click here to check if you need a Visitor Visa or eTA

You have Successfully Subscribed!